Monday, January 5, 2009

One more time with feeling

Here we go again. We are potty training. I think I got over pregnancy and childbirth faster than I recovered from potty training. And Jackson really wasn't that bad comparatively. I don't know why it was so hard for me to deal with, it just was. I tried a book last time and it was terrible. This time I am going to go with my gut and good old fashioned bribery. We'll see how it works out.
Asher is showing all the signs that he is ready and I know it's time. So last night we got a jump start. So far so good. He did his first poopy in the potty and received a great reward as a result, and he seems really excited about the candy. We are only 24 hours into it, but I am optimistic. I think the older brother thing will help this time around. But we do have a problem with the older brother. He wants big rewards for going in the potty. I am letting him have the candy (in an attempt to show Asher what he has to gain,) but I will not be buying my 5 year old who is well potty trained, a remote control airplane (that he seems to think would be an appropriate reward) for doing something he would do anyway. He did add that he wouldn't miss his target, and I must admit that was tempting.
Asher first reward was Emily. For some reason this is the train he really wanted. He was so cute. There is an Emily song and he was walking around the store singing the song and showing everyone his train. But no more trains until he is good for a few weeks.

4 comments:

Megan J. Dawson said...

Good Luck! Potty training is so hard!

jordan said...

yeah. good luck.

Jon and Melissa said...

I don't envy you.

Abs said...

Hurray for Potty Trained kids! It looks like Asher is on the right track. I'm all about bribery.