Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I don't care what he says. He's still my baby!

Jackson has been calling Asher, "Asher baby" pretty much since he could talk. It got so we didn't even notice. Friday morning, as Mitch and I were attempting to sleep in, we heard the boys wake up. First Jackson, then Asher. When Jackson saw Asher he said, "Hi, Asher baby." To which Asher replied "I'm not a baby." So matter of fact.


Then, last night, we were trying to get the boys to eat their dinner with out making a fuss or a mess. I said to Jackson, "Jackson, you are not a baby like Asher. You shouldn't make a mess." My attention was not at all on Asher when he said to me. "Hey, mommy, I'm not a baby." And I guess if he can say so, maybe he's not. But, as far as I am concerned he is my baby until I decided otherwise!

3 comments:

jordan said...

very cute.
and I'm envious that you got to chop down a REAL tree and have a REAL tree in your home with the REAL christmas tree smell.

Megan J. Dawson said...

I love this picture of Asher... he's such a cute little guy!

Rosanne said...

Augh! I know the feeling. It's just hard to let them "grow up" isn't it?! :)