Sunday, November 30, 2008

So many things

There are just so many things that I love about this time of year. Last year, due to craziness that I couldn't control, we didn't get to do many of the things that we usually do for the Holidays. So this year we got a running start! Yesterday we went to a nearby national forest and cut down our Christmas tree. It was a beautiful area, a beautiful day, and we got a beautiful tree.

When we got the tree home, Mitch and I put on the lights, then Jackson helped us put on the ornaments. It was so fun to have a little helper this year. Jackson had so much fun. He liked to comment on all the different ornaments. And he really wanted to play with some of them, like an airplane we got a few years ago, or the ornament he got this year, it is race car with a 5 on it. Then I had this great idea that we should all sleep under the tree. Mitch thought I was crazy, but he always makes crazy plans and I go along with him. The boys had fun, but they didn't get enough sleep. Asher stayed up and drove cars, flew jets and played with my hair, but he was so cute, I couldn't force him to go to sleep. We sure paid for it this morning. He was a bear! So much so that I had to bring him home from church, and he took a four hour nap.
I love Christmas. And I love my boys. This is going to be the best Christmas ever!

1 comment:

The Hartungs said...

don't you just LOVE the smell of fresh pine! Tag your it! see my blog for details