Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Glacier :: Day 1

We just returned from a family reunion with the Parrish family. It was so cool this year because we convinced them to come up here and see our glorious state particularly Glacier National Park. We have been telling people since we moved here that they need to come up here. It is just to beautiful too miss. I am stealing an idea from my sister-in-law and doing my blog entries by days, so I can be a little more organized.

We all spent the first night at our house where we finished preparations for the days ahead. I am happy to say that my house was able to accommodate the whole lot of them! On Thursday morning we headed up to Glacier where we got a beautiful campsite at Rising Sun campground. Then we took the group for a little initiation hike up from Logan pass to Hidden Lake. It was a little shocking to find there were still snow fields to hike through. It was a little difficult to hike especially with all the little ones in tow. But we make it and it was totally worth it. What a View!
This picture cracks me up because he is looking through the binoculars for animals and there they are behind him!
The view of Hidden Lake

I recognize that this picture is a little cheesy, however this is one of my favorite parts of the hike. To get the boys down we started playing having them jump down the stairs. They were laughing so hard they had a hard time keeping their feet under them, by the end we were almost dragging them they were having so much fun. And if you haven't, you really should hear those boys laugh!
This was crazy! There were over a dozen big horn sheep just hanging our in the parking lot. Yes, that's our Asher & our van that close to the Ram.
We drove just 10 minuets over the pass to get this amazing view! This is such a cool place.

2 comments:

jordan said...

such beautiful pictures of a beautiful place. Sounds like you had a great time.

Morgan, Rachel, and Jonathan Parrish said...

I am so glad you put up pictures. I have been dying to see all the stuff I was told about. Everyone was definitely right, it is exquisitely beautiful. And that picture of Jackson looks like he is almost right on top of those mountains behind him, that is a neat picture.