Parenting technique gone wrong:
Jackson made a big mess. He dumped all of his toys out on basement floor. So I told him that he needed to clean it up. I would set a timer and any toys still left on the ground when the timer went off, I would take away. The timer beeps, I go to check on him and nothing is done. He says, "I don't want theses toys anymore, so I will throw them in the garbage." He then gets a garbage bag and proceeds to throw put most of the toys in the bag. Then brings it to me and asks if he can put it in the garbage can. The problem is, these are good toys. Toys that Asher likes. And I know that in his little mind he is thinking, "If I get rid of toys then I can get new toys." trust me that is what he is thinking.
5 comments:
I curse the day Anna figured out she was smarter than I was. Geesh.
those darn kids!
We, too, have enjoyed this exact scenario. She held out until I told her that this shows me she can't take care of her toys and therefore she will be getting none on her birthday. Those stinkers!
So funny! Definately one o those "Oh crap, what now?" parent moments!!!
They are just too smart! I hate it when moments like this happen. Let me know when you find something that works though - I need helping getting Hayley to pick up after herself too! ;) Good luck.
Post a Comment