Sunday, May 4, 2008

My big boy

I moved the high chair out of the kitchen today. Asher refuses to use it, and it was just taking up space so we moved it out. For the past four years I have had a high chair in my kitchen. When I walk into peoples houses and they don't have a high chair I think something is missing. It's so cute to see Asher sitting in a real chair, he won't even use a booster, eating like a big boy, but it kind of breaks my heart. He is getting big too fast.

He wants to do everything Jackson does and he loves everything Jackson loves. When Jack was this age he was into Thomas the train, loved watching "Finding Nemo" and sat in a high chair at every meal, in fact the high chair is the only way I survived once I brought Asher home from the hospital. Asher likes superheros, and race cars and wants to watch Ninja Turtles. I love watching my boys play together and become each others best friend and I am so grateful that Asher loves his big brother so much. It is just all happening a little too fast for their overly sentimental mother.

I also can't get him to wear his bib. Those of you that remember, Jackson wore his bib until just last summer. I love this bib!

2 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Wow! They do grow fast. We are just putting a high chair in the kitchen! I'm sure I'll turn around and be in your shoes though! Your boys are getting cuter and cuter. Oh and your cupcakes look delicious.

Megan J. Dawson said...

I swear the 2nd one grows up so much quicker than the 1st! Asher looks so big.