Monday, February 4, 2008

Shine!

Their shirts say "Shine" and they do. I have never seen a person emit light the way these two boys do. I was watching them play the other day and it was like looking at the sun. I almost had to look away, it was to bright. The Child family theme this year was the quote by Marianne Williamson, (below.) I thought it was so appropriate. We need to be reminded of who we really are and what our potential is. That when we were children we would shine, and we are still those people, just taller with more experiences. These boys teach me so much everyday.









"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

5 comments:

the child family said...

Thank you so much for posting that! That quote never fails to lift me up a few more inches (Yes! I've always wanted to be 5'9"!). I just love it. I may need to steal that idea from you in a near future post. Do you mind? Now that I know I am going to print out my blog, it makes me want to have good stuff like that in there.
Oh, and your boys do shine. It's those cute laughing smiles!

Wendy P said...

Thanks, Laura and yes you may use it. I am like you since I am planning on printing out my blog I keep that in mind with my post. I think it is such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Shine, whatever. Im here to let you know that you have mistakenly placed Jordan's name before my own in your link. So, if you could get to that.

Amber M. said...

Asher is looking more and more like big brother!!

jordan said...

those two are little shiners! Ryder loves his "shine" shirt. he wants to wear it everyday.