Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Seriously!
It was -18 degrees yesterday. However, I can't stand saying in all day so I took the boys with me to the gym. Almost the second I got them out of the car they started crying because it was so cold. First of all, my door stuck and so I had to take time to get it closed. By this time they were both frantic I wanted to get them inside as soon as possible so we tried walking fast, bad idea. I slipped on the ice and fell, hard, while holding Asher. I broke his fall with my arm, but I also thought I broke my arm. When we got inside Jackson yelled, "Mommy, you don't drop your baby in the snow!" I have to say I agree. I also bent my car key when I fell so I had to call Mitch to come and get us. I went into Mitch's clinic for some X-rays and nothing was broken, just a lot of pain. It was not the best day ever. So when I woke up his morning and it was -18 again, I decided not to go anywhere, it just seemed like the smart thing to do. But while carrying Asher down the stairs, wouldn't you know it, I fell again. Both my feet slid out from underneath me. Asher hit his head and I banged up my other arm. I have decided that the safest thing for my baby is if I no longer carry him from place to place. After yesterday and today, I don't think he will ever want me to pick him up again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel bad that I am laughing right now! It definitely is NOT funny that you hurt your arm or your child but what Jackson said just kind of cracks me up. I love how they say things ike that just to sort of point out how bad we are messing things up.
And now the garage door...some week!
Post a Comment