Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How do you turn 4?


We just tucked Jackson in for the last time as a three year old. I can't believe that my little baby is four, and such a big boy. He always likes to inform me that he is growing, and I love it but it breaks my heart a little too. He was magical. He still is. I can honestly say that from the moment I found out I was pregnant, my life magically changed and has been wonderful ever since. He can drive me crazy, and sure he has his difficult moments, but he always makes up for it. Tonight for example. He wouldn't go to bed and it was getting really frustrating. And just when we were about to tie him to his bed he asked, "How do you turn four? I don't think I know how?" Mitch explained to him that all he had to do was go to bed and he would be four in the morning. He responded with the conclusion that sleep makes you turn four. So he snuggled in and said good-night, like an angel.

He was actually a little concerned about turning four. Three has been his identity. He asked me today, while pointing at his name if that was going to change to four as well as the number next to it.

Every year with Jackson has been an adventure and a miracle. I can't wait to see what this nest year will bring.

How can anyone not fall under the spell of those big brown eyes!

1 comment:

jordan said...

that is so cute! I can picture him saying that. Tell him Happy Birthday. wish we could be there.