Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Tough Mudder; Wendy's turn

This past weekend me and a group of super awesome women competed in the Seattle Tough Mudder. It is a 13 mile obstacle race and it was a blast.  Our team was called the Neon Dreams, thus all the bright colors.  I am kind of proud to say that I designed the logo on our headbands.

We stared training in July, using a new method called SwichWork.  No other training could have possibly prepared us for this course.  Except for knowing Mitch almost my whole life, and following him up and down mountains and swimming in arcitc rivers and lakes, that helped a lot too!   It was so fun working together and getting to know these amazing women.  These women are the best!

Before:
signing the waiver; literally signing our life away
Look how clean and cute we are!  It didn't last long.





Pole Dancer; Parallel bars over a mud bog that incline then decline.
Arctic Enema; A large pool of ice water with a wall in the center that forces you to fully submerge your whole body in the ice water.  It was the worst ice cream headache I've ever had!

 The Mud Mile. 
The Funky Monkey bars; I was unsuccessful, but Stephanie rocked it so I'm sharing her pictures.

 Electric Shock Therapy; run through an obstacle with live wires hanging everywhere.  You will get shocked!  There is nothing you can do about it.





My team mates; Stephanie
 Mary
 Emilia
 Everest; A warped wall you have to run up.  This is me on the top helping people get to the top.
 And this is Casey trying to get to the top
 Emilia


Walk the Plank; obviously this isn't us, but I wanted to have a picture of the obsitcal.  Our team mate Casey, can't swim at all and she did this one.  We were all really proud, and a little scared for her.  She just jumped in and didn't know how to swim up.  The lifeguards were prepared and pulled her out.  This is also one of the only times I have ever jumped off anything high.  I am not sure what my issue was before, it was actually fun.  (this picture doesn't make it look as high as it was)
 This is one of the mud obstacles, called Sewage Outlet.  You crawl under the wire, through the tube and then jump out of the tube down a ten foot drop into a pool of water on the other side.
Repelling down a hillside of mud.  It was a lot steeper than this looks, and super slippery 
Pyramid scheme; 

 After the race:
We were pretty amped up!  It was so fun.  We would have signed up to do it again right then and there.





And then the adrenaline wore off;  these two collapsed in the drive way.
Can you guess which feet are mine?
 All of our shoes.  mine are the bottom right.
Of course the team mom, (that would be me,) got to do the clean up.

No comments: