Monday, July 28, 2014

Hazel the Puppy

We got a Puppy!
We had been planning on getting a dog this year, we were just thinking September since we have a few trips coming up.   But we changed our plans suddenly when this sweet girl appeared in our lives.

I was in Utah for a concert and to hang out with my family.  We went to the Provo river to do a little swimming.   There was a family there with a puppy from Hazel's very litter.  He was so adorable I had to talk to them and find out what kind of puppy he was, and where he came from.  He gave me all  the info and I just couldn't resist the urge to contact the breeder.  She had one puppy left!  I was so excited.  I took Jackson, Asher, Ryder and big Lily to met the puppy for the first time.  I saw her sweet face and fell in love.  It was kind of sealed at that point, but I did go see her one more time, just to make sure it was the right thing, and again as soon as I saw her I knew she was our dog.  She came home with me that evening.
 Hazel's first picture.


 The kids loved playing a game with her where the tied her bone to a rope and had her pounce on it.  It was pretty cute!

 Awwww.....
 Lily bean says: "The puppy is cutest when her ears flop up"  I agree!


We had a really hard time naming her.  I still call her a few different names, including Penny, which is my brother's dog's name.  The kids called her Daisy for awhile, but it just didn't fit.  Then I went to Piper, but it was so close to Penny, so I just kept saying "Penny"  Finally we settled on Hazel.  I think it fits her coloring and her hazel colored Eyes.  If you, for some reason don't want to call her Hazel, then you can call her "Wolf," that's what Greta calls her.  However to please the masses, her official name is; Hazel Daisy Coco June Lola Chewy Piper Parrish.  (Lily says she looks like Chewbacca insisted on the Chewy part.)  We are engulfed in all things puppy right now and it has been really fun and we are all smitten and pretty happy to have her!

1 comment:

Lance n Amber said...

She is sooo stinkin cute! I love her!! And I love her name!