
Our third port was Roatan, Honduras. Again we had rain, but the air and water were warm, and the island was lush and beautiful.
The plan for the day was a canopy zip line tour, and snorkeling. Since we had such a larger group we were in two different cars. Mitch and I were in a car with Morgan and Rachel, while the rest of the group drove ahead in a larger van. Of course, the car we were in broke down when we stopped for a picture. The funny thing is, when we jumped back in the car and it wouldn't start, I wasn't even surprised. I think I kind of expected it.
This picture is the picture we stopped for. He didn't just stop for us. It was part of the tour.

We had to wait around for awhile for a new car while the larger group was waiting for us at the canopy tour. After a while they had to go on ahead without us.
This is the first group.
I opted out of the zip lining, with my irrational fear of heights rearing it's ugly head. So, group 2 was just Mitchell, Morgan and Rachel.
Group two.
The whole group.
Can you find Mitch?

At the Zip line place there was a boy walking around with a capuchin monkey. Of course we all had to get pictures.

After the zip line we went snorkeling out on the reef. It was as beautiful place to snorkel. We saw so many fish, coral, conch and all kinds of beautiful sea life.
I was surprised to hear our guide told some people in our group they could take shells as long as there wasn't an animal living inside. Melissa grabbed the beauty below. The guide checked it, said there wasn't an animal inside and so she took it back to the boat with her. As they were getting ready for dinner, this critter climbed out! They properly retuned it to the sea.

That evening we hung out on the Serenity deck talking and telling some incredibly funny stories. I was surprised that there were stories I hadn't heard before since I have been hanging out with the Parrish family since I was 14 years old. It was a really fun night.
This is the towel animal we found we we returned to our room. Pretty darn cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment