Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ft. Lauderdale

We recently returned from a Caribbean cruise with the Parrish family, (MarDell, Madelyn, the 8 (M) siblings and the 7 spouses).
In summary, a good time was had by all.
It was so much fun, and a miracle because everyone was able to come.  We did 7 days in the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Glory.  We had stops in; Cozumel, Mexico, Costa Maya, Mexico, Isla Roatan, Honduras, and Grand Cayman.

Mitch and I flew  into Ft. Lauderdale the night before the boat left.  We got in a few hours earlier than those coming in from SLC (there was also a group that flew in to Miami a day earlier), so we went out to eat at a really cool restaurant called the Rustic Inn.  And afterwards soaked in the hot tub.  It was the first time we had been away from our kids in a long time, and it took some adjusting.  I kept thinking about how we would go somewhere, and then realized we didn't have kids so we didn't have to take turns, or have one stay behind, or pack an extra bag, we could just go and do.

2013-01-19 09.58.47
Me and Mitch on the plane
2013-01-31 19.53.58
Me on the flight. I knew I would be an anxious mess on the flight because we were leaving the kids, so I took a Xanex, and it was a wonderful flight! I slept and felt completely relaxed.
rustic inn collage web
The Rustic Inn, Ft. Lauderdale FL. 
 This place was so cool. It was totally packed, and had such a fun atmosphere.   We sat at a table with a bunch of other people. The table was covered with layers of paper, and as the hostess sat us she handed us each a wooded mallet.  The sound in the Inn is a combination of loud talking and banging wood mallets against the table to crack open the crab legs. Every few minutes someone would come over the loud speaker and announce it was someone's birthday and everyone would start banging their mallet on the table. It was awesome!  The food was amazing. I got crab legs and stuffed lobster tail, Mitch got swordfish, and we got alligator bites and frog legs as an appetizer, and let me tell you, they were good. I couldn't really think about what I was eating with the frog legs otherwise I don't think I could have eaten them.  They were shaped just like a frog leg! It was really tender and delicious white meat. The gator bites were so good. I think I liked them the best. To finish, we had fresh, homemade key lime pie.  Truly the best I have ever had!
2013-01-19 17.49.39
2013-01-19 19.57.37 web
2013-01-20 10.59.27
The next morning in the van on our way to Miami to get on the boat!

No comments: