Thursday, August 30, 2012

The July Cabin Trip

I took the kids to my family's cabin on Hebgan Lake when Greta was just 6 weeks old. (I am keeping track of time by how old my baby is.) There were lots of cousins, second cousins, 1st cousins once removed, aunts, uncles and brothers and sisters. At one point I believe we had a total of 50 people at the cabin. Despite the challenge of traveling alone with a baby plus the other three, it really was a good time.
Cabin july 2012-2 web
Cabin july 2012-3 web
Cabin july 2012-17e web
I love that this little girl loves to wear hats!
Cabin july 2012-6 webCabin july 2012-7 web
This paddle boat was very popular. The kids loved to take it out to Frog Island.  This year they found hundreds of baby frogs.
Cabin july 2012-8 web
My mom and McCade.
Cabin july 2012-11 web
This dog was hanging around our cabin for a few days and the kids loved her. The gave her many names from Lassie, Bisket and Sasha, her real name was Isabelle.  We learned her name when her owner finally showed up to claim her, just as I was about to call the Humane Society. The owner was a cabin away and the kids decided that she was a friend. One night all the kids ran out of the cabin and disappeared. Jordan and Courtney finally found them at the Isabelle's owner's cabin eating cookies and drinking lemonade. We had to have a chat about stranger danger that night. Also, Lily left her blankie at her cabin and so I had to sooth a sad little girl to bed that night without her favorite Blankie! luckily we got it back the next day.  Of course I had already driven into town to buy yarn to make her a new one.
Cabin july 2012-18 webCabin july 2012-22 web
Jackson water skied. He had it, he just didn't stand up. He pulled behind the boat for a long time, he just needed to straighten his knees.  Ah maybe next time...
Cabin july 2012-52e web
Cabin july 2012-51e web
Love that tushy!
Cabin july 2012-56 web
Cabin july 2012-61 webCabin july 2012-49e web
My little cousin was very interested in my camera and wanted to take a few pictures. Hunter took the two pictures above, good job buddy, I think my Greta looks adorable in these shots.

No comments: