Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Alone; with FOUR kids

I actually travled alone a lot this summer.  I am quite proud of myself.  I really think it mostly came down to not really knowing what it was really like to be alone with four, so I didn't know it was supposed to be hard.  It was mostly okay.   There were times when Greta wouldn't sleep and that got challenging.  To start off I went alone with the kids to my family's cabin.   With my family there I had a lot of help so I wasn't really alone.  Then, since it was just before Mitch's big Board test I decided I would take the kids to Utah so Mitch could continue to have the house all to himself to study and prepare.  I had my brother Connor book us a hotel room at "his" hotel in American Fork.  We swam, shopped a little and went to a Hershey (part 1) reunion.
The cabin pictures
In love with this squished up face.
My roommates at the cabin. I can't tell you how much I loved waking up to these two faces!
I took the kids out to Pete's Pizza before we headed to Utah.
I love these two pictures! This is just so; Lily!
Swimming at "Connor's" Hotel. 
 The kids were playing a game where they were birds of prey. They would sit on their perch and look for fish, then dive in a catch them. Cute kiddos!
This sweetheart, just slept peacefully while the kids swam.
I have issues with this picture because I take up too much space. Greta was only 7 weeks old though, so I don't feel that bad. 
One of the reasons I wanted to go to Utah was to go to this Hershey Reunion. We loved Hershey. Both times we lived there. It was so fun to see and catch up with friends from Hershey I. It was totally worth the extra time alone.

After Mitch took his test, he came down to Utah to take the boys to his family reunion at Bear Lake. I took the girls home and got some much needed sleep. Bear Lake post to come!

No comments: