As the time for our move and the birth of baby #4 approached, my anxiety level reached a high that I couldn't really handle on my own. In a Relief Society meeting, it came to me that I needed my mother-in-law to come help us out for a week. I was so sure that I would have the baby the same day that I had my cerclage removed, so we planned her visit for the week following. Well, the best laid plans right?! I had my cerclage removed, started contractions, then; they stopped. I went home expecting to come back in just a few hours, but it was not to be. Greta didn't make her appearance for a full week later, the very day Madelyn flew home. In fact we had to find her a ride to the airport since I was in the hospital in labor.
Even though I didn't have the baby when we thought we would; Madelyn's visit was a life saver. I really don't know what we would have done without her. She packed boxes, folded laundry, (letral mountains! Like a few months worth of unfolded laundry), matched the boy's crazy socks, and kept me and Mitch sane during a particularly challenging time.
We did our best to make the trip a little fun for her, even though we probably weren't too much fun in our current state.
Mitch and the kids took her down the Swatara in our canoe.
I took her to the Hershey Pantry. One of the best places on earth for breakfast. A place that I will miss almost daily when we have moved, (no pictures, sorry.) Then We went to the Hershey Museum, where Madelyn and the kids went into the Chocolate Lab to make their very own chocolate bars.
Lily was too young to go into the Chocolate Lab, so she and I stayed out and ate Hershey chocolate drops. Lily seemed to be pretty happy about that arrangement.
I was happy to be spending some time with my girl before her whole world changed. However, I had spent much of that morning crying because I knew Madelyn was leaving the next day, and we hadn't had the baby yet, and really didn't know what we were going to do. I think this picture reflects it all very well. I look like I am trying to keep it together.
Greta was born the very next day. I feel bad that Madelyn spent a whole week with us, and didn't get to see her new grand-baby when she was born. But I can honestly say; we could have gone though everything we did without her. There is a very good chance I would have thrown away all the unfolded laundry and banned my boys from socks forever. She was also very conforting to talk to and I know Mitch really enjoyed having a sane helpful person in the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment