Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Top Shot birthday party


Top Shot is Jackson's favorite TV show.  That's right, a History Channel, marksmen competition is my 8 year old's favorite show.  We don't do typical here!  So, of course he chose Top Shot as the theme for his birthday party theme
Here is the target cake.  Doesn't it look delicious?  It was!

jackson's 8 b-day party-4 web
the party goers.
jackson's 8 b-day party-5 web
The games! We had a ball toss, (not pictured,) A balloon dart board; notice how I got this shot just before he popped the balloon.
dart close up web
 
Nerf target shooting. Jackson got a bulls eye, and Asher got TWO! My little marksmen. Did I mention it is Jackson's goal to be on Top Shot?
jackson's 8 b-day party-9 bullseye web
Then the boys tried their hand at slingshots. This one was a little more challenging. Notice my angle. I thought I was safe standing in the line of fire this time since they were only shooting marshmallows. Boy, was I wrong! I had a few welts on my neck. I made a rule that they would get -50 points if they shot me again.
jackson's 8 b-day party-13 web
jackson's 8 b-day party-14 webjackson's 8 b-day party-15 web
then is was on to cake, ice cream and presents.
jackson's 8 b-day party-16 webjackson's 8 b-day party-22 webjackson's 8 b-day party-23 web
Jackson had so much fun and was so grateful for all of his gifts. My house is filled with Nerf darts. They are everywhere! It kind of drives me nuts, but they boys are having so much fun, so I will give them a break for a little while longer.
I should also point out that he was indeed a TOP SHOT!

1 comment:

Rachel Titus Parrish said...

What a fun birthday! I hope he does go on Top Shot some day. Your kids are growing up so fast. Can't wait to see you guys.