Saturday, September 10, 2011

Exploring the flood

Mitch and the boys went out to explore the damage done by the flood.  Because all of our bridges are out they couldn't get to the hardest hit spots, but they still saw some very impressive water and sad losses.  They were standing on the edge of the water with another family.  The mother pointed out thier house and stated they had lost everything and they did not have flood insurance.  So, so sad.

the flood 7-8-11 003 web
the flood 7-8-11 006e web
the flood 7-8-11 024 web
This bridge was compeletly cover by water just a few hours later.
the flood 7-8-11 027 web
the flood 7-8-11 029e web
the flood 7-8-11 012e web

2 comments:

Chris and Suzette said...

Wendy these pics are AMAZING! Thanks for posting them. It is still so unreal to me. You can 't imagine how how helpless I feel out here in the hot desert of AZ. We would be so willing to take the water from you all.
sooo saaad!

jordan said...

I can't believe how bad it is. I'm glad you are all okay, feel so bad for those that lost so much. I can't imagine. Great pictures to capture it.

I got the cd. LOVE the photos! thanks again!!