Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Got the Nerve?

Yeah, I got the Nerve!

got the nerve bike egot the nerve run e web
triathlon-1 web

On May 21st I did the Got the Nerve Triathlon at Mt. Gretna, PA.  It was a beautiful course.  I can't say I enjoyed every minute of it, but it was a lot of fun.  The swim which is usually my strongest event was a little rough due to the cold and muddy water.  The bike ride however made up for it.  It was gorgeous!  The countryside out here is beautiful.  I was surprised to see the bike route come to an end so quickly since I was enjoying the scenery so much.  The run was equally beautiful, however I didn't mind the end when it came.
triathlon-2 web
It was a great experience and I was so happy to have my cheering section there to watch me.  There is nothing more motivating than hearing "Go, mommy!" From the sidelines.  I love my kiddos and I am so grateful to Mitch for being so supportive during the race and while I was training.  I know that he wished he was doing the race himself.  It was very gracious of him to let me do this race, (we decided it was easier on the kids if we didn't do the same races.) I can't wait to do it again.
triathlon-5 web

4 comments:

JF said...

You are amazing Wendy - Congratulations!! My Tri-Hero!!
It's so true there is nothing like having your kids cheering for you - and what a great role model you are for your kids - how cool is it to have a mom who does triathlons... I think VERY

JF said...

that was me... guess i forgot to sign it
Jana

jordan said...

way to go and looking good!!!

Abs said...

You look amazing!! Racing really is a blast. How long was this triathlon? I'm about ready to do a sprint triathlon in a few weeks but seriously considering doing something a little longer. Just wondering how you trained and such.