A few day s ago Asher perforated both ear drums (perforated sounds so much better than burst.) He had ear pain for a few days and on Monday it got worse. He came home from school with at 103 temperature and in excruciating pain. I took him to the doctor then next day and it wasn't pretty. I also started to notice that he couldn't hear me. I found I was repeating everything I said to him at least three times. I would finally have to yell so he could hear me. Kind of funny and a little sad. The doctors assured me that once the fluid cleared and the timpanic membrane healed his hearing should be restored, so I am not too concerned right now.
Now I will give you a little insight into Asher. Jackson was trying to talk to Asher and Ash wasn't hearing him. So I told Jack that Asher's hearing was bad because of his ear aches and the he would need to speak louder. So Jackson walks right up to Asher, speaking loudly he says, "Can you hear me?"
"What?" says Asher
"Can you hear?"
"What? I can't hear." and this went on.
I don't know how long this continued before I realized that Asher was totally playing him, both of us really. He had heard the conversation with the Doctors and knew that his hearing wasn't so good and so he was playing on it. He did it to Mitch again when he got home.
"Hey Asher, how are your ears today?"
"What? I can't hear you?"
Mitch gets concerned. Asher keeps it up for a while. Then Mitch remembers that Asher has an amazing ability to play us all with out cracking a smile. Silly, smart kid!

No comments:
Post a Comment