
And he couldn't be more thrilled. Asher had a great birthday week. Complete with a National Holiday (MLK Day) and a snow day, so he got to spend two full days with his best friend, Jackson.
On his actual birthday we celebrated with a trip to Chuck E Cheeses, (we tried to talk him out of that one, but he wasn't having it.) cake and ice cream, and of course presents!
Asher only made one request; he wanted a Toy Story cake with Buzz defeating Zurg, (a little specific don't you think?) I had and idea. I figured I would just make a cake and stick a Buzz and Zurg on the top. But I could not find a Buzz or a Zurg so I had to try something else and hope he would still be happy with the result. He was. As he watched me make it he kept saying, "Wow, mom this is the best cake ever!" I was very happy not to disappoint. (there was an episode earlier in the day where there were some tears because he informed me, too late I might add, that all he wanted was a pinata for his birthday and why didn't I get him one? It was short lived, but I didn't want a repeat with the cake.)





After cake we did presents. Actually present and it was a big one.

Don't you love that you can see how happy he is, even though you can't see his face? I love this kid
Asher has been asking for Misty Island for months. Since he has a January birthday (i.e. after Christmas sales) we were able to get it for him. The set is huge! Right now it is taking up the whole floor of our living room. He has been loving it. Even his too-cool-for-Thomas brother has been loving it. They played with it all day yesterday.
It was a happy, happy birthday. And our is our happy, happy boy. We really love our Asher
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Asher! That is a beautiful cake!
Wendy that cake is amazing. Glad Asher had a great birthday!
Wendy that cake is awesome! I am so impressed! You need to teach me to make such awesome cakes!
Look at you and your perfect fondant!
Well done on the cake friend!
Happy late, late birthday Asher! Henry wants desperately to play with you and Jackson. I told him this summer and he can't wait! Hope you had a ton of fun-looks like you did:)
Post a Comment