Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The average two year old

That is how big our 15 month old Lily is; the size of the average two year old.  We seem to grow them big in our family. piggy tails-2 web
She is so much fun.  I really don't think I will ever stop getting butterflies when I see this girl smile.  She is getting older and is acquiring new tricks all the time.  She plays peak-a-boo.  Getting her dressed is one of my favorite times of the day because she will play peak-a-boo with her clothes  and laugh as I pull them over her head.  She has a great laugh.  She also tells us when she wants to be tickled by saying "ticka, ticka"  then places our hands on her belly (for some reason our kids want to be tickled.)  Strange as it sounds, I love the way she says "no, no, no, no"  She says it with a big smile on her face as she shakes her head.  Sometimes she will even point to things that we have said "no" to, and say, "no, no, no, no"  almost like she is teasing us.
 

sink tub web
My mom suggested that I bath Lily in the sink so I could do her hair. It was a big wet mess, but she loved it, and I did get her hair done, but I don't think I will do it again.

Lily was also dancing before she could walk.  If she heard music she would stand up in the middle of the room and groove.  Then, the week before Christmas, she started walking.  I love it when our kids start walking.  First of all, it is stinking cute.  Second, I think it is so much better to get them up off the ground.  I love watching her toddle around in her drunken sailor way.  She walks around the house from room to room, always finding new things to do and play.  I love it.

Currently I love that she has enough hair for pigtails.  The first time she wore her hair in pigtails, I could not stop smiling.  She looked so cute! Every time she hits a milestone that I thought I would never have, I am just overwhelmed with gratitude.  I know that it is odd to consider pigtails a milestone, but there was a time when I didn't know if I would ever have a girl with pigtails.
  piggy tails-4 web
While we are on the subject of things that make my heart so full it might burst, she is singing!  She sits at her little piano and sings and she sings any time she hears someone else singing.  She has such a sweet little voice.  Mitch and I have been working in the primary the last few weeks and during singing time, she stands on our laps and sings and waves her arms with the chorister.  Last week when the chorister sat down, Lily clapped for her.  It was so sweet.
piggy tails-5 web
This is Lily's concerned face.  She isn't serious very often, but I think it is cute. 

To finish off the post;  Lily had her 15 month check-up last week (where they told us she is the size of the average 2 year old.)  Due to a snow storm I had to take all three kids to the appointment. It was very exciting in that little room.  Here are the 15 month stats

Weight: 25 lbs 5 oz (83%)
Height: 34 inches (what they call "off the chart")
Head circumference: 45.8 cm (49%)

She received shots that day resulting in two days of crabbiness.  Although she is funny when she is crabby and can really pitch a fit!.  The boys think it is so funny, so I usually end up laughing with them.  I am glad that I can laugh at her fits now (we call her Little Lily Pitch a Fit when she freaks out) because I know the day is coming that I won't think it is so funny.

doctors appointment 018 web
not a great picture, but it is all three of my kids at the doctor's office. I don't think I have any of Jack or Asher at any of their appointments. This makes up for that right?

2 comments:

Jami Rugg said...

I can't believe she is already 15 months!!!! I don't think she it too big considering that our 5 month old, Ezra, is 21 pounds and 27 inches long. I just love her blue eyes!!

the child family said...

I LOVE that she sings!