Every morning since Jackson started first grade I have packed him a lunch. I decided that I wanted to be that mom, so the first day I wrote him a little note and stuck it in his luch box. I thought "this might embarass him when he is older, but right now he is in first grade." The next day I was low on time, but I still wanted to send him a little love from home so I drew a heart on a napkin and I stuck that in his box. The thought occured to me again, that it might be embarassing for an older kid, but not in first grade and not Jackson! I mean, come on, he doesn't get embarassed.
This morning I was packing his lunch when he said, "Mom, you know that time that your put a heart on my napkin? The girls at my table laughed at me and so I had to hide it and pretend that I didn't have it. Don't do that again. (pause) but I did like it when you wrote me a note."
Yeah, I guess I am that mom.
1 comment:
Oh, that is too funny. Heart on a napkin - what were you thinking?! :) Hey, at least you know the notes are safe.
Post a Comment