
Yes, that is a cast on my foot. Yes, I broke my foot. How does one break their foot on bed rest? Well, that's easy. You become so uncoordinated from sitting around all the time, that you fall down three stairs, that's right, just three. That's pretty much how it happened.
We have reached a new level of pathetic. I almost didn't go to the emergency room because I couldn't bring myself to ask for more help. I am glad that I did, and my boys were well taken care of. After I had my foot looked at and treated, I was sent to Labor and Delivery, to check on the baby. She is doing great and was not affected at all by the fall. In fact I am sure that I broke my foot protecting the baby. I also have a nasty bruise on my arm where I caught myself. Now I am really stuck. And the boys know it. If they want to do something they know I won't approve of, they just go upstairs because I can't get to them there. However, most of all they have been very helpful. Jackson helped me get breakfast this morning, and lunch this afternoon. He even helped with the clean up. Now if we could just get him to sweep, mop and do the laundry we would be just fine.
When I got home last night, Asher said, "I am sorry Mommy." to which I replied; "Did you break mommy's foot?" He said; "No, mommy, I didn't push you down the stairs." He sounded a little guilty, like he did, but I don't remember being pushed.
7 comments:
Wendy, I canNOT believe that you broke your foot! You poor, poor thing. I hope you are feeling well. At least I know there are some great women in your Hershey ward to help you out!
Oh so sorry again...
Sorry to say this, but even as sad as it is to see the cast on your foot, what a NEAT picture!! ;)
Wow, Wendy, when it rains it pours! The pregnant woman on bedrest breaks her foot - so sad! Well at least the little darlin in the oven continues to thrive. She better be one amazing little girl!
NO! You didn't just break your leg! I am so sorry this happened. You should have called me, I would have come to help you with the boys if I had known this. I am glad you are having a sense of humor about it. What else bad can happem? Maybe I shouldn't say that.
one thing after another! Think of all the strength you're getting from these trials! (just looking at the bright side)
I saw the picture of a broken foot and the title and I thought - no way did she break her foot on top of EVERYTHING else she is going through!!! And my fears were confirmed!!! You sure have a way of fulfilling the saying, "When it rains it pours!" Sounds like you are making the most of it! Keep smilin' and moving forward!
I have been meaning to write, call anything, but somehow it hasn't happened and I feel terrible about it. We have however been praying for you and the family. I am so sorry that you broke your foot. Maybe though it is a blessing in disguise to keep you even more safe! Keep on keeping on-I know you are learning a lot through this all!
Post a Comment