
Today I took Jackson to Holter Lake to go ice fishing. It was a gorgeous day with clear blue skies, very little wind, with temps in the 30's-40's. We hiked about a mile to a corner of the lake. I went with friends from work, with Dr Dionne supplying most of the gear. I was especially grateful for his auger. It was a great day, the weather couldn't have been better, and the fishing was good as well. Jackson loved it. He was fascinated by the ice auger, and loved to see the fish coming out of the hole. It was great to spend the day outside and soak up a little sunshine. Jackson was enthusiastic about everything, as always, and made it a fun day.

Jackson, and Dave Oldham and his kids heading across the Lake

Jackson proudly dispaying one of three fish he pulled in

Me and Jackson at the hole

small but pretty little perch


This is the bend in the lake where we fished. What a beautiful area. I love Montana!
1 comment:
How fun!!! Henry would love this. Next time I am with him, I will show him this post, he will love it. So how do you feel about ice fishing compared to just normal fishing?
Post a Comment