
This year it was just the four of us for Thanksgiving. I have never prepared an entire Thanksgiving meal by myself so I took on the challenge. I have to say, it was pretty good. Of course the boys didn't care for anything other than the turkey and the pumpkin pie, but Mitch loved it and his is the stomach I cook for. 

The table. Don't worry, I removed the stemware just after I took this picture. The boys had nice plastic cups. They were also a little curious as to how they were going to eat the pumpkin in their plate.
I just made a turkey breast since it was just the four of us. It was so good and super easy. The secret, mayonnaise.
Cider-Glazed carrots. So good!
Roasted Butternut Squash dip.
I made this so I would have something
to eat while I was cooking. It was an adventure
to make, and really good.
Sourdough Stuffing with Apples and Ham. This was my favorite.
Streuseled Sweet Potato Casserole. I am ashamed to admit that I have not had this one yet, but Mitch really loved it. I was just too full when it came time to eat this one.
Not pictured; pumpkin pie. I made it with my very first ever made from scratch crust. My friend April, the wonder baker, gave me a private lesson. I used my grandma's recipe and it was as good as ever. Jackson had four pieces!





4 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed that you would make all of that for just your husband. He is very lucky. It all looks delicious!
I am truly impressed!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!! Your food all looks beautiful. You sure do know how to present your table and food!
Looks like a tasty spread! I've been collecting all these recipes all year from magazines and was eagerly looking forward to the chance to do it all, but alas, we had dinner at someone else's since we left for europe shortly after. Send me the recipes that you liked! :)
Oh, and I love your new family pictures!
Post a Comment