Thursday, September 4, 2008

Big Day!

Today was a big day! A really big day.

Jackson broke the training wheels off his bike he rides all day long. Mitch was trying to figure out how to fix it when I suggested he just teach him to ride without the training wheels. Next thing I know he is outside with Jackson teaching him. He is such a determined little boy, he kept saying he wanted to practice and made us help him until he got it. And now my guy is riding a two wheeler, and he couldn't be happier, I tell you if he could fly we couldn't keep him on the ground. He told us, now he is a real big boy and we have to start calling him a five year old. We have some great video I need to post but I wanted to put up the good news because there is more.


Asher went poo poo in the potty today! For anyone that remembers the drama of potty training Jackson this is huge. Huge because we haven't even started potty training. He just told Mitch that he needed to go potty, sat on the potty, waited patiently and we had potty success. I realize that to anyone who has not potty trained a boy, blogging about poop might seem a little extreme. But to those who know this is big happy news. I guess I should get out the potty books and get that boys some big boy underwear. My boys are growing up so fast. It makes me proud to see them with their little accomplishments, but they seem to be growing up so fast, I wouldn't mind a little more time.

4 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

That is exciting! Both-huge milestones! I can't even get Henry to ride his big boy bike with the training wheels, we have a long way!

Jon and Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the child family said...

Great news! Jackson is riding on 2 wheels and we haven't even gotten Lily a bike yet (but shhhhh! she'll get one for her birthday). A kid without a bike - I think that might be considered neglect.

Megan J. Dawson said...

I understand that joy of having your kids go poop in the toilet... Luke struggled with that for a while, the day he started doing it was the best day of my life!