On Thursday Jackson was playing with some pennies he had in his pocket. I told him to put them away and keep them out of sight because pennies are very dangerous for babies like Asher.Later that day, during nap time I hear Jackson crying in his room. Not the "I don't want to take a nap" cry but a scared and sad cry, so I went in his room to see what was wrong. He was sitting in the corner of his room with tears streaming down his face. When I asked him what was wrong, he said "pennies are dangerous for boys too." This got my attention. He then told me that he had a penny stuck in his "cough." I was a little scared by that statment so he was in the car and on the way to Mitch's work. I had to make sure the penny wasn't stuck anywhere. By the time we got to the clinic Jackson was saying that the penney was in his tummy. We got an x-ray to confirm and sure eough there was a bright circle right in his stomach. He was so cute when he got his x-ray. I wish I would have thought to bring a camera to take a picture of him on the table. I am also trying to get a copy of the x-rays becuase they are so funny. We are now on poop watch. That's right I have to check his poop to make sure that the penny comes out. Don't worry, I'll let you know when the blessed event takes place.
This makes the third x-ray in the Parrish family in about 6 months. Asher, for his arm, me for my fall on the ice and now Jackson's belly. Mitch better be careful he's next!
7 comments:
This is TOTALLY my worst nightmare! Josh is a little hoover baby...everything gets picked up and put in his mouth and I'm terrified that he will find a coin on the floor. So glad that Jackson is okay. Good luck on poop watch!
Well, that is a little scary. I hope Jackson is doing okay. It's nice being married to a doctor. :) By the way, I loved the birthday video and a happy birthday to Mitch. The last time I saw Jackson I think he maybe said one word, so it's fun to see him all grown up.
You just spoiled my great idea for a money jar as a busy toy. The kids loved it yesterday (Arlo was on watch of course) but maybe it isn't such a great idea?
I just talked to you, but it's still a funny story - because he is okay, you know.
That is scary, I was just thinking about this exact thing because Henry and I just finished reading Curious George when he swallowed a puzzle piece and had to have an operation to get it out. Good thing you just have to be on poop watch! Good luck
Even though I too heard this story from you first hand, it's also funny (because he IS okay) to read about it too! I'll check back to see when the passing of the penny happens! :)
glad Jackson's okay. Enjoy looking though the feces.
Post a Comment