Friday, October 19, 2007

The BIG birthday bash!

WE JUST CELEBRATED JACKSON'S 4TH BIRTHDAY. HE HAD A FEW FRIENDS OVER AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME. HE IS SO EXCITED TO BE FOUR. AND IT HAS BEEN WORKING GREAT FOR ME AS WELL. ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO GET HIM TO DO SOMETHING IS SAY "YOU'RE FOUR NOW, FOUR YEAR OLDS HELP THEIR MOM." OR INSERT ANYTHING YOU WOULD WANT A FOUR YEAR OLD TO DO.
HE GOT HIS "KINATA" (PINATA) AND REALLY TOOK OUT HIS AGGRESSION TRYING TO BREAK IT. HE ALSO HAD A HARD TIME SHARING BUT EVERYONE, INCLUDING ASHER GOT A TURN.
HIS BIRTHDAY WAS A SPORTS THEME. I ACTUALLY HAD FUN DECORATING THESE CAKES. THE SOCCER BALL IS MY FAVORITE. HE WAS AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT TELLING ME HOW A BASKETBALL AND BASE BALL SHOULD LOOK.
THE GANG; SYDNEY BRISTOW (I mean Smith), JACKSON, MICAH, GRACE & ELIJAH OETTEL (pronounced oh-et-tle) THEY WERE SUCH A FUN GROUP OF KIDS.

BLOWING OUT THE CANDLESASHER HAD TO GET IN ON THE ACTION AS WELL. HE WOULDN'T ATTEMPT BLOWING THEM OUR UNTIL WE SANG TO HIM AND THEN CLAPPED.
THE FOUR YEAR OLD!

3 comments:

the child family said...

You, my friend, are a professional cake decorator! That soccer ball looks professional in my opinion.

What a handsome 4 year old! I know what you mean about the 4 yr old bribe. It works every time with Lily (so far). She just thinks she is so much bigger now. In fact, she had growing pains the night before she turned 4 so when she woke up she ran to the mirror to see how much bigger she had grown. She can't understand why I didn't have them the night before I turned 30.

Give the birthday boy a hug from all of us!

jordan said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I actually commented on your previous post but for some reason it didn't show. It looks like quite the party and the cakes are pretty amazing.

The next day Ryder said "ok mom, it can be Jackson's Birthday. I will call him." but that was at 7am. we have yet to call.

A house full of five said...

Tell Jackson "Happy Birthday" from Addi and Liv. They wish they could have hit that pinata, too!

Good job on the cake, by the way. They are awesome!

Give him a big hug from us.

Dana